What is SPARC?
SPARC News, Updates, and Presentations
- $96 Million infrastructure reinvestment program targeting three distinct Cultural Restoration Areas.
- The largest reinvestment project in the history of the City of Alexandria.
- A full-scale effort at creating in-fill developments in Alexandria’s urban core.
- 90% of SPARC will result in permanent and publicly-owned infrastructure with the remaining 10% allocated for soft incentives.
- Includes roadway construction and expansion, streetscaping, housing developments and large-scale investments in parks and recreating assets.
- Aimed at “future-proofing” the City.
- New developments in SPARC CRAS may qualify for the construction of streets, parking, drainage, and any other portion of the development that is typically donated back to the City.
- Planning, design, and feasibility costs.
- 5 to 10 year property tax abatements, when applicable.
- New market tax credits, when applicable.
- State and Federal Historic Tax credits, when applicable
- Hands-on assistance from City personnel and City planning and Engineering.
- New fire stations, improved recreation facilities and community centers.
- Streetscaping that includes enhanced lighting, sidewalks, and landscaping.
- New housing opportunities.
- New retail opportunities.
- Massive investments around the City Park complex, Masonic Drive, Bolton Avenue, MacArthur Drive.